Review: Unwell Women

 



 

This isn’t my usual sort of book, but I stumbled across it in a library and I was intrigued by the beautiful and slightly disturbing cover. A history of women in medicine? I had to give it a go!

It looked so chunky I didn’t think I would read it all, but thought I might pick out a few interesting bits and that would be that. I read it cover to cover. I found the whole thing so interesting. I learned a lot of things I didn’t know, and it covered more detail about things I was familiar with but hadn’t studied in detail. It covers the ancient Greeks right up until the present day, with a couple of really riveting chapters on witch trials and also the suffrage movement.

In summery there were parts that were so shocking and harrowing, but I am glad I read it and if non fiction is your thing, I would definitely recommend!

Comments